Saturday, May 22, 2004

Open Format or brilliant Bittorrent Client?

I was downloading the latest SuSE CDROM .iso images with GetRight! and had to close down to go home. I had about 300M worth of data.



I installed a fresh copy of GetRight! into Mozilla and tried to resume download but it was slooooow. Noticing I was getting nice download speeds on my bittorrent client (I currently am using ABC under WindowsXP) I stopped GetRight!, copied the .getright partial file to my torrent download folder, found the torrent, and saved the torrent as the same filename. ABC automatically checked the file and began a resumed download. Neato!



Well possibly neato. The proof is in having a working final image - we shall see if SuSE Disk 5 MD5 hash matches in a few. Then the battle begins: SuSE 9.1 vs. Fedora Core RC2!



Where are all my monster Godzilla sounds!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment