Saturday, June 23, 2007

Weekend Things

I was in Chicago for the weekend. I went to a real record store (Gramaphone) and bought some CDs.

Had the opportunity to see someone give a meal to a homeless man. You should have seen the look of disbelief and then happiness on the man's face. It was so good to see. And I got to buy the man who gave him the food a meal in return. Good fortune and karma all around.

I walked a great deal exploring and didn't get to everywhere. I went to Boystown - how unremarkable it is the gay section of town - and had a coffee, people watched, and then went to 'gaymart' a store full of superhero figures and a few gay-themed items. Definitely a geek store though; I resisted the urge to buy a 13" Dalek. :| I did buy gifts for the girls. I also found a shop with silver fidget rings and
bought a few on a whim.

Five silver fidget rings.

Asking the shop girl where she would take a friend visiting from out of town, I took off across the street for a whiskey at a local dive. Went to a weird leather clothing store and listened to a couple trying to return an open boxed dildo - you can't make these things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment